Hemicell® – HT is a Unique and patented thermal stable ß-Mannanase feed enzyme , produced by fermentation of Paenibacillus lentus bacteria , sourced from non – genetically modified production strains
Hemicell® – HT degrades the ß-mannan fiber present in soybean meal (guar meal, palm kernel meal and copra meal ) and eliminating this fiber providing several nutritional values can be captured through the dietary formulation with recommended dosage .
Species : Broilers , Breeders , Layers and Turkey
What Are Beta – Mannans?
β-MANNANS IN POULTRY MEAL ARE A HOT TOPIC.
β-mannans are strong anti-nutritive fibers
• Polysaccharide fibers typically with mannose backbone & galactose sidechains1
- Found in most vegetable feed ingredients5 such as soybean, sunflower and guar meals
- Highly soluble
- Not digestible by non-ruminant animals
- More harmful in challenge periods6
- Amount in typical broiler diets varies from 0.2% – 0.4%*
* Depending on feed ingredients
WHAT DO BETA- MANNANS DO?
β-mannans are immunogenic compounds that hurt your flock and your bottom line.
- Increase gut viscosity7
- Cause intestinal inflammation
- Trigger innate immune system
- Viewed by body as pathogens (PAMP response)2,3,10
WHAT WILL HEMICELL DO?
Negative effects from β-mannan can be reversed.
HemicellTM (β-mannanase) is a health-focused, nutrient-sparing enzyme that breaks
down β-mannans in various feedstuffs
- Reduces cost of feeding by using an energy matrix value of up to 100 kcal/kg
- Improves Intestinal Integrity (I2) Index by 1%14
- Reduces severe foot pad lesions by 5%14
A patented feed enzyme specially formulated for pelleted diets that withstands
the pelleting process and intestinal conditions
- Pelleting process adds heat & moisture
- Pelleting interferes with enzymes At 88°C, Hemicell HT 3 retains 95% activity11 (Fig. A)
- Enzymes need time at optimal pH to work.
- The optimal pH of Hemicell HT matches intestinal pH (Fig. B)
- Hemicell HT demonstrated up to 91% residual activity after one hour in conditions simulating the stomach/gizzard11 (Fig. C)
- In 3 out of 4 treatments, the Hemicell HT that survived the upper tract retained all of its activity in the lower tract11
Dosage: Used for Broiler, Layers , Turkey , 200 gm – 400 gm of Hemicell®-HT per metric ton of feed.